You probably already know that skin is the largest organ in the human body but here are some additional facts and figures that you should be aware of:
- The typical adult’s skin covers approximately three square metres, weighs four kilograms, and contains nearly 18 kilometres of blood vessels.
- Your skin sheds upwards of 30,000 skin cells every minute, which equates to roughly four kilograms of dead skin cells each year.
- More than 80% of all Australians will have to deal with the scourge of acne at some point in their lives.
- More than 415 million people across the globe struggle with some degree of rosacea, which is a prevalent skin condition that involves the swelling of facial blood vessels and a reddened, blemished appearance.
- Your skin’s colour is directly attributed to a pigment called melanin; more melanin equates to darker skin.
- Collagen is a naturally-occurring fibrous protein created by your body and it has a huge effect on the tightness, firmness, and sheen of your skin.
- Believe it or not, the average person utilises more than nine personal care products each day, many of which are applied directly to the skin for absorption.
Given the myriad of factors that affect your skin and outward appearance on a day-to-day basis, it shouldn’t come as a huge surprise to find out that approximately 90% of people are generally unhappy with how their skin looks and feels. However, it’s worth noting that you don’t have to rely on ineffectual OTC products just to achieve healthier, more vibrant skin.
There Is a Proven Solution for Unsightly, Unhealthy Skin
If you happen to be one of the millions of men and women who are struggling with unremitting acne, rosacea, or any other unpleasant condition, you finally have access to an affordable, effectual treatment option that can resolve a wide range of common manifestations. All you have to do is visit a reputable clinic that specialises in personalised skin rejuvenation in Perth.
In this regard, the most efficacious outpatient treatment is the new-age IPL photorejuvenation process, which is why we’ve created this brief article to highlight the advantages of this unique remedial procedure.
IPL Treatments Are Quick and Easy to Facilitate
Your skin care specialist will use a high-tech medical apparatus to apply modified wavelengths of light directly to your skin, which will positively affect the melanin in your epidermis and activate the haemoglobin in your blood vessels. Immediately following the application process, your body will begin to produce organic collagen and other impactful natural elements.
The Advantages of IPL Treatments
In as little as two or three sessions, IPL treatments have been proven to provide a vast array of documented benefits:
- Soften and repair the flushing and noticeable blood vessels that stem from rosacea
- Considerably decrease the presence of acne, zits, blemishes, boils, and other imperfections
- Mollify the appearance of discoloured freckles, sun damage, and age spots
- Establish firmer, tighter skin and reduce the depth of wrinkles without any injections or medications
- Eliminate spider veins, unsightly capillaries, and reddish streaks
As such, it makes a lot of sense to visit your local dermatology clinic and work with the in-house specialists to create a personalised treatment program for your distinctive skin disorders. Be sure to book your introductory consultation sooner rather than later. You’ll be glad you did.