Drugs are substances that we use to change the way we perceive things around us. According to categorization, they are based on properties and effects they have on individuals. Each drug falls into one of four categories, and you can find a way to clear your drug test by checking out some test clear reviews resource:
- Depressants – These drugs will slow down your brain function. The most popular examples include barbiturates and alcohol.
- Stimulants – These drugs will increase your energy and alertness and elevate your mood. The main problem with them is that they can cause severe psychological problems such as paranoia and they are highly addictive due to their strong effects. The most famous examples are methamphetamine, cocaine, and prescription drugs for ADHD.
- Hallucinogens – These types of drugs can alter your perception of reality and change the way nerve cells communicate with each other. Most famous examples include psilocybin, LSD, and MDMA.
- Opiates – These painkillers have the substantial effects that will cause euphoria and other feelings. They are highly addictive and can cause severe changes in your brain. The most popular opiates are prescription painkillers, morphine, and heroin.
The question you’re probably asking yourself is: Where does weed fall among these categories? The answer is not clear as you previously thought, because marijuana can cause an array of effects that differ from person to person. At the same time, different types of weed can produce different results.
We can classify weed as a stimulant, depressant, and hallucinogen according to experts, but we cannot sort it as opiate due to its non-addictive and healthy nature.
Weed As Depressant
Depressants have the ability to affect your nervous system with the idea to slow the brain function down. Apart from that, these activities will help you to relax tense muscles and calm nerves. Depressants will help you treat several conditions such as anxiety, insomnia, and muscle spasms.
Depressants can cause adverse side-effects such as:
- Reduced coordination
- Slowed breathing
- Low blood pressure
- Slurred speech
- Short-term memory loss
- Blurred vision
Smoking cannabis will provide you similar positive and negative effects such as:
- Muscle relaxation
- Short-term memory loss
Other things that make depressant different from other drug types is there less addictive nature, while some of them carry a high addiction risk. You will be able to develop tolerance to depressants such as weed, so you will need to use more of it to get the feeling you had before.
Click here to learn more on depressant effects of marijuana.
You can quickly become dependent on weed for some things; mainly if you use it to help you sleep, without it, you will have trouble falling asleep. Apart from that, smoking can cause you to irritate respiratory system that could lead to severe conditions such as a chronic cough, bronchitis, and other issues along the way.
Weed As A Stimulant
Stimulant work is utterly opposite than depressants. They will increase your blood pressure, heart rate and cause rapid breathing in some people. Stimulants have the ability to improve your mood, especially right after taking them.
Depressants will often make you relaxed and sleepy, while stimulants will make you feel energetic and relaxed. You will also be able to increase your attention span without any additional problem. On the other hand, have in mind that stimulants can have adverse and dangerous effects such as:
- Increased body temperature
- Irregular heartbeat
- Heart Failure
Experts state (enter this website: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3009708 for more information) that weed can be a stimulant because it can easily cause:
- Racing heartbeat
- Elevated moods
The main point of this idea is that weed will affect each differently. While some people can feel relaxed after smoking a joint, others can feel alert and anxious. Marijuana can cause some risks similar to stimulants.
Weed As A Hallucinogen
One of the biggest stereotypes when it comes to weed is its hallucinogenic effects. Even though they are possible, they won’t happen to everyone. Hallucinogens are substances that will completely alter your perception of reality as well as auditory and visual perception.